Details of the experience
Description of the winery
It was a day in July 1997 that René Barbier showed Christopher and his wife Charlotte an abandoned vineyard north of Gratallops called “Les Figueres”. Today the winery produces between 25,000 and 30,000 bottles with great passion and commitment to quality.
The restaurant offers simple but high quality cuisine with local and seasonal products, and of course, wine tastings for the many visitors to the area. The building also has a family garden with the intention of producing vegetables for the restaurant and six hens that lay eggs (when they feel like it!).
The vineyard has been cultivated with organic practices in mind, and is currently certified by the authorities (CCPAE) . The vines are planted at different altitudes that extend down to the Montsant river valley, in cool places strategically chosen to delay the ripening of the grapes. The views over the wide Ebro valley and the mountains as a backdrop are breathtaking and protect from the cold north winds.
- Visit to the Clos Figueras winery.
- Explanation of the winemaking process and the history of the winery.
- Tasting of Clos Figueras wines.
- Food and wine pairing menu at Las Figueras restaurant.
- Transportation to the winery
Combo with Devinssi wineryIncludes a second wine tasting in Gratallops
- Visit the Clos Figueras winery
- Wine pairing menu with wine tasting at Clos Figueras
- Discover the centenary vineyards of the Devinssi winery.
- Enjoy a wine tasting with a view
- Visit the Devinssi winery